The book of the website

Well, nearly.

But I have written a book, for the very lovely Shire Publications, about World War Two Home Front posters, and my preview copy arrived in the post just before the weekend.

Home Front Posters Shire books Susannah Walker front cover

Should you wish,  you can pre-order it on Amazon right now.  Which of course you would very much want to do because it’s full of lots of  illustrations of lovely posters, like this one.

Frank Newbould Your Britain Fight for It Now

And this one too.

Lewitt Him Vitamin overcooking WW2 vintage poster ministry of food

Along with a fair bit of me going on about the posters – and then oddities like this, which I just love.

Ministry of Information advertisement about information.  You couldn't make it up

Do you have too much information? Well here’s some information about having too much information.  These were very different days, my friends.

8 Comments

1. Posted May 8, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

Congratulations on your book! Look forward to reading it and using it as a reference

2. Posted May 8, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

Yes looking forward to it…

3. crownfolio
    Posted May 9, 2012 at 7:00 am | Permalink

Thank you very much both of you!

4. Posted May 9, 2012 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Well done Susannah, you’re a published author now! 😉

Adelle x

5. crownfolio
    Posted May 9, 2012 at 10:49 am | Permalink

And very pleasing it is too!

6. Posted May 9, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Congratulations! Shire have made a lovely job of the cover, too … most important to have a cover to be proud of! Hope this leads to more exciting projects for you.

7. crownfolio
    Posted May 13, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Yes, they’ve made it look very handsome! I’m very happy with it. And if anyone has any exciting projects in mind, please do suggest them (especially if you are a publisher in possession of large advanced). Although I do have one or two of my own in mind too…

8. James
    Posted May 20, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

And another book mentioned in the Telegraph today! In the column before reading your name I felt that the article had been strongly influenced by you and assumed the journalist had been reading your blog.